Environmental Remediation Processes Utilizing Research & Development
Although our patented remediation of environment technologies (SURFAC® Surfactant Enhanced Aquifer Remediation, SOLV-IT® NAPL Remediation, and ISCO-EFR® Multi Phase Dual Phase Extraction Combined With In Situ Chemical Oxidation) have proven to be effective and economical remediation of environmen processes through numerous field implementations, our continuous effort to improve our technologies and develop new solutions does not cease. EcoVac Services heavily invests in its research and development (R & D) department to improve existing environmental groundwater remediation processes while also developing new technologies. The following lists how we conduct our internal Research & Development:
- EcoVac Services utilizes its comprehensive in-house laboratory for development and validation of new technologies for remediation of environment. Our in-house laboratory allows us to experiment with new ideas for remediation of environment that are independently generated by our staff, as well as those concepts derived from academic articles and scientific journals. These remediation of environment experiments frequently are time-consuming “trial and error” events; however, our drive to create innovative and unique effective solutions for remediation of environment propels our efforts.
- Each site-specific treatability study is considered part of our internal Research & Development. Every treatability study for remediation of environment is site-specific as each site has its own unique characteristics (e.g. the difference in lithology, type of contaminant, geochemistry, groundwater chemistry, etc). Therefore, it is critical for us to devise a distinctive answer to each site-specific remediation of environment problem.
- EcoVac Services integrates each site-specific treatability study into a database. The statistical database guides us in the direction of the necessary research as well as determines the most appropriate treatment train for a particular remediation of environment event.
Our current list of Research & Development includes:
- Continuous improvement and development of new surfactants and cosolvents / biosolvents,
- Development of in situ treatment trains for challenging contaminants such as coal tar remediation, creosote, bunker fuel, and crude oil contaminated sites,
- Development of in situ treatment trains for sites impacted by heavy metals.
Our progress on the above includes:
- EcoVac Services has devised Winsor Type III systems with unique, site-specific surfactant blends (EFSTM) that allow for superior hydrocarbon recovery.